If you’re an Android user, get the latest version of the Knoxville News Sentinel app for Android devices from Google Play.
– Thank you to all of our tablet users for being patient. We’ve listened and are finally bringing a tablet optimized UI to compatible 7 and 10 inch devices.
– We’ve also squashed some bugs and added in some performance enhancements for good measure. Let us know what you think!
One of the long-requested and big improvements is that the app now works in landscape mode for tablets.
Our new web platform did not have the staff lists tools of our old platform, but we have created a newsroom contact list that includes phone number and email.
We hope it’s useful when you’re trying to find a reporter or newsroom staffer.
Do you have an eye for weather photography? Have you captured lightning in action? Submit your photos for a chance to win one of three great prizes!
Photo submission began to April 9, 2014, at 12 a.m. ET and ends on May 9, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. ET. Voting begins May 10, 2014 at 12 a.m. ET and ends on May 20, 2014, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Visit Storm Shield’s Facebook page to enter
• Grand Prize – One (1) Nikon D5300 camera with an 18-55 VR Lens, Black and Perfect PIcture Pak (ARV: $1,299) – provided by Mike’s Camera
• First Prize – One (1) Nikon COOLPIX AW120 camera, all weather/waterproof, and Perfect Picture Pak (ARV: $649.99) – provided by Mike’s Camera
• Second Prize – One (1) Gift certificate valid only for one 24″ x 36″ canvas wrap print on 2″ bars to be redeemed at Mike’s Camera (Expires 5/31/15, ARV: $194.99)
• The photos with the top three votes will be eligible to win one of the three prizes and winners will be published/notified on or about May 31, 2014.
It was an inauspicious start with the following first Tweet on March 12, 2007.
First Tweet from the @knoxnews account. March 12, 2007.
But we were early to the Twitter party.
Twitter had just been founded on March 6, 2006 (the year before), but didn’t burst on the scene until about this time in 2007 at the South by Southwest conference in Austin.
“The Twitter people cleverly placed two 60-inch plasma screens in the conference hallways, exclusively streaming Twitter messages,” remarked Newsweek’s Steven Levy. “Hundreds of conference-goers kept tabs on each other via constant twitters. Panelists and speakers mentioned the service, and the bloggers in attendance touted it.”
If you don’t already, follow us on Twitter.
If you have an Amazon Kindle Fire talbet, you might want to get our latest app for the tablet. An upgrade went into the Kindle store earlier this week.
Updated features include:
- An alert bar to highlight breaking news at the top of the app
- New offline mode allows you to download content and read it later when you don’t have a connection
- New tools in the Settings menu to help our subscribers with login and password issues
- Updated menu icon
You can download it here.
We have four contests going on right now and a fifth starts Monday.
If you haven’t entered, you can enter any of these on our Facebook pages.
News Sentinel Open Weekly Passes. We giving away 20 pairs of these so your odds of winning are pretty good! The passes are good August 15-18.
The Band Perry at Smokies Park. The show is August 29.
Loverboy. Two winners will get two tickets to the concert on September 6 and two tickets to get in the Tennessee Valley Fair.
Corey Smith at the Tennessee Theatre. This upcoming Country artist has a show at the Tennessee Theatre on August 24. We’re giving away a pair of tickets.
Upcoming: Starting Monday, you can enter to win tickets to the Charlie Daniels Band show at the Tennessee Valley Fair on September 10. We’re giving away two pairs of tickets to the concert and for Fair admission.
It was last changed on March 22, 2013.
You may unsubscribe from our newsletters via the unsubscribe link in the emails.