KNOXVILLE, Tennessee — Tennessee has one scrimmage left in the spring practice season — the Orange & White game on Saturday — but the Vols’ lengthy scrimmage two days ago at Neyland Stadium was the last chance to work on things without thousands of prying eyes in the stands.
We’ll have much more on the Orange & White game later this week. Given Tennessee’s precarious depth and the desire of a new coaching staff to keep certain things under wraps, I wouldn’t expect too many revelations in the game.
But let’s review Saturday’s scrimmage first. The offense bounced back with a victory and both quarterbacks looked sharper and more confident.
* With Marlin Lane out due to ‘disciplinary reasons,’ Vols’ RB situation in flux
* Even after big INT by Justin Coleman, Tennessee’s secondary still a primary concern
* Brendan Quinn’s observations on the resurgence of the offense.
* A full photo gallery from KNS photog Amy Smotherman Burgess.
* #PracticeGram: Images from Saturday’s scrimmage.
* Post-practice view from the sidelines.
* John Adams: Vols making progress detail by detail