KNOXVILLE, Tennessee — Football is back, and the storylines I predicted for the day didn’t really emerge after Tennessee’s practice on Tuesday morning at Haslam Field.
I told a colleague that we could pre-write a story about the coaches being disappointed in the way the players bounced back from the spring break layoff. I even predicted that Butch Jones would provide us with a bit of color by chastising players during the media viewing periods.
In fact, while Jones said there was some rust, he was generally pleased with the way his team bounced back from the long layoff.
* Not all players were on vacation. Read about Marlon Walls’ visit to the East Tennessee Children’s Hospital that he said changed his life.
* KNS colleague Brendan Quinn handled our notebook from Tuesday.
* I did some observations after practice.
* We have TONS of video from Tuesday shot by web guru/videographer Erin Chapin, including some interviews with Jones and players.
* You can always check out my YouTube page for our latest videos. For best results, watch it in the highest HD setting available.
What’s next for the Vols? They return to the practice fields Thursday and will have some sort of a scrimmage on Saturday. We’ll learn more about the format later in the week.
Seven practices are in the books, and seven practices remain before the Orange and White Game on April 20. It’s halftime.