Starting Monday, well-known cartoonists will be acting as “Guest Jumblers,” illustrating and, in some cases, creating puns for the scrambled word puzzle that appears daily in the News Sentinel’s comics section.
• Mort and Greg Walker, creators of “Beetle Bailey”
• Jerry Scott and Rick Kirkman, co-creators of “Baby Blues”
• Jerry Van Amerongen, creator of “Ballard Street”
• Cathy Guisewite, creator of “Cathy”
• Patrick McDonnell, creator of “Mutts”
• Lynn Johnston, creator of “For Better or For Worse”
“I’ve played Jumble for many years,” said Baby Blues co-creator Rick Kirkman. “My wife and I used to do Jumble a lot together. This was a chance to be a part of something on the comics pages that was there long before I became a syndicated cartoonist. What an honor.”
Jumble is marking its 60th anniversary this year. This is the second year for Guest Jumbler Week.