A sunny day at the atomic museum

6883074906_a8e09328d8_k

The American Museum of Atomic Energy was opened in 1949 in an old building that was used as a cafeteria during the World War II Manhattan Project in Oak Ridge. The museum changed to its current location (on Tulane Avenue) in 1975 and three years later changed its name to the American Museum of Science and Energy. This photograph was taken in 1958. (Department of Energy archives/Ed Westcott photo)