Post-war ORNL takes shape (1947)

17689605771_c968ca6a9b_kFollowing the World War II Manhattan Project, what’s now known as ORNL’s Central Campus expands and begins to take shape as a national laboratory. This photo was taken in early 1947. (Department of Energy archives/Ed Westcott photo)

This entry was posted in History, Manhattan Project Park, ORNL on by .

About Frank Munger

Senior Writer Frank Munger covers the Dept. of Energy's Oak Ridge facilities and many related topics ā€” nuclear weapons, nuclear waste and other things nuclear, environmental cleanup and science of all sorts. Atomic City Underground is, first and foremost, a news blog, but there's room for analysis, opinion and random thoughts that have no place else to go.